Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
This new session is suitable for data protection leads or members of staff whose roles require them to have a deeper understanding of Data Protection legislation.
This interactive workshop will explore key elements of data protection legislation in greater detail including:
- Worked examples of how to deal with data breaches and subject rights requests, including subject access request (SARS).
- Advice on situations where schools will need to consider conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), including a worked example of a DPIA to demonstrate the process of carrying one out.
- Guidance on data processing agreements for schools (when they are necessary, what they need to include etc).
- An overview of how GDPR can impact on the wider school community, for example the work of the SENCO or school trips.
The session will incorporate a range of education-based case studies and examples to demonstrate how data protection impacts everyone working within a school setting.
As part of the workshop, we will be holding a ‘data protection surgery’ which will provide you with an opportunity to discuss data protection issues you may have already encountered at school with our experienced team of Information Governance Officers. This will also provide you with a chance to talk to colleagues from other schools, who may also have come across similar issues, to share solutions and discuss best practice.
Cost: £75 (or free* for up to 5 members of staff from DPO schools)
* For schools that have bought into the DPO traded service (IG4 or IG5) - this training is free for up to five members of staff, as attendance here is counted as one of the training sessions included as part of the DPO package.
Dates and Venues:
Wednesday 19 June 2019 09.30am – 12.30pm at Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne
Wednesday 19 June 2019 1.30pm – 4.30pm at Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne
Thursday 20 June 2019 09.30am – 12.30pm at The Civic Centre, Uckfield
Monday 8 July 2019 09.30am – 12.30pm at Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne
Monday 8 July 2019 1.30pm – 4.30pm at Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne
If you would like to attend please register here
For further information or to discuss your data protection needs please contact us Schools.DPO@eastsussex.gov.uk
Performance and Information Governance Support Officer
Phone: 01273 337684