Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
Robsack Wood Teaching School Alliance is offering the opportunity to join an exciting local CPD programme starting soon.
This is a cross-phase programme to develop coaching skills in a school/academy context to improve the quality of Teaching and Learning, therefore raising pupil outcomes. The course is open to Leaders and Middle Leaders and is highly beneficial to those with a coaching or mentoring role.
The programme will cover the following:
- 4 x 2 1/2 hour sessions; to be held at Robsack Wood Primary Academy 13:30 to 16:00. Light refreshments will be available on arrival.
- The Teaching School will provide a Lead Facilitator for each session to coordinate the programme.
- It is expected that practitioners will attend ALL 4 sessions.
- Additional coaching can be requested, if required, from the Lead Facilitator at an additional cost.
- Each session will include exposure to high quality practice through research, clips, modelling and discussion and time to reflect on own practice.
- If your practice is seen as exceptional, there is a possible outcome for coaches to support across the University of Brighton Academies Trust.
Sessions: Term 6
07.06.19 Session 1 Mentoring and coaching: What is the difference?
19.06.19 Session 2 Coaching strategies – The GROW model
09.07.19 Session 3 Coaching strategies – Appreciative Enquiry
16.07.19 Session 4 Embedding coaching and how to measure impact
The cost of the programme is £150.
Staff interested in taking part in this year’s course should email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form. If you have any questions contact the Teaching School team at the same address.
Coordinator: East Sussex Teacher Training Partnership/NQT Induction
Phone: 01273 482088