Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
British Science Week (BSW) is an annual celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that is coordinated by the British Science Association (BSA) and funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
This year, only state-funded schools can apply for a grant to organise their own events as part of British Science Week (8-17 March 2019).
Three types of grants are available:
- Kick Start grant of £300 for schools to run an activity.
- Kick Start More grant of £700 for schools to host a science event or activity that involves both students and the local community.
- Kick Start Youth grant of £150 for schools to run an activity during British Science Week organised by students. (New for 2019).
To be eligible, schools must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils eligible for pupil premium, early years pupil premium, or equivalent.
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils who are from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
- Be a small school based in a remote and rural location.
Priority will be given to schools that either meet more than one of the criteria or can provide a strong case for falling well within a single criterion.
The deadline for applications is 12 November 2018 (5pm)
Visit: British Science Week 2019
Employability and Skills Strategy Manager
Phone: 01323 463533