Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
The consultation on proposals to change the East Sussex funding formula has been launched today (8th October). This is an opportunity for all schools to express their views on proposed changes. The closing date for responses is 9th November. Read on for further information on what schools and academies can expect to receive and how the documents will be delivered.
Funding Formula Working Group Update and Consultation Launch
As you will be aware via previous VSB articles the Funding Formula Working Group has, over the last few months, been developing proposals to make changes to the East Sussex funding formula for 2019/20. The overriding aim of the group is to enable a smooth transition towards the National Funding Formula, due to be introduced in 2021/22. The group has considered a number of amendments to further this aim. Final proposals have now been presented to Schools Forum in September and today have been issued to all schools and academies for consultation.
Consultation information circulated includes:
- Notes for the Consultation outlining the context and considerations for this consultation
- A covering letter from the Funding Formula Working Group describing the aims and proposals made by the group.
- Summary Proposed Funding Rates
- Exemplifications for all schools and academies in the phase
- Frequently Asked Question document
- Individual school exemplification showing a comparison between actual 18/19 and potential 19/20 (based on Oct 17 census)
- Consultation Response Document
The consultation runs from 8th October until the 9th November. It is your school or academy’s opportunity to share your views on the proposals and to influence future formula changes. We encourage all schools and academies to submit a response by the 9th November deadline.
Phone: 01273 482547