Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
The revised East Sussex SEN Matrix is now available, along with a range of guidance resources to support your use of it.
We are pleased to announce that the revised East Sussex SEN Matrix and accompanying guidance documents are now available on Czone.
The Matrix is a framework drawn up by the Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability (ISEND) Service in collaboration with staff working in educational settings across the county, Children’s Integrated Therapy Services (CITS) and parents and carers.
It is designed to:
• Provide a shared understanding for schools, the Local Authority, parents/carers, and services such as Health and Social Care, about how to identify the Special Educational Needs of children and young people
• Provide guidance on provision and resources recommended to meet these needs, and to facilitate educational progression
• Support development of knowledge and understanding about SEN
• Contribute to the development of good SEN and inclusive practice (‘build capacity’)
• Provide a framework from which the Local Authority and its moderation partners will make consistent decisions about funding levels for children to facilitate their educational progression
To support your use of the Matrix, we strongly recommend you to watch our short, accessible guidance video (available on YouTube) and look at our PowerPoint presentation (available to download from Czone).
We have also updated our Additional Needs Plan (ANP) template to assist schools in completing ANPs for pupils at SEN support.
A digital version of the Matrix, with options to sort and filter content will be available shortly.
If you have any questions about the Matrix, please email ISENDProjects@eastsussex.gov.uk.
Phone: 01273 335293