Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
Dates: Friday 28th September 2018
Venue: Training Centre, 1st Floor, St Mary’s House, Eastbourne, BN21 3UU
IT10: £150 or 3 SIMS credits
IT11/IT12: £165 or 3 SIMS credits
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
This course is in two parts: the morning will be devoted to Course Manager, investigating how it impacts on and relates to other SIMS modules such as, Nova T, Academic Management and Exams. The afternoon will concentrate on post 16 issues and the production of the post 16 return. Attendees can attend either the morning only or the full day. Schools may wish to send two delegates incorporating different areas of responsibility within school.
By the end of the course delegates will have covered:
- understanding when a course is created
- managing the student memberships of courses
- understanding the relationship between Course Manager and other areas of SIMS
- having a greater understanding of examination awards and courses of study
- understanding the link between examination awards and courses of study
- importing and assigning QWS QN codes
- managing the Post-16 learning aims processes.
Who’s it for
Course Manager incorporates many roles within school; primarily the course is aimed at Academic Administrators and would be useful for Exams Officers and personnel responsible for the Census Return/Post 16 Learning Aims. An understanding of the curriculum structures and procedures used in the school and knowledge of the school’s curriculum policy would be helpful. An understanding of the operation of Nova-T, Examinations Organiser and basedata structure would be useful, but is not essential.
Training Administration Assistant
Phone: 01323 747068