Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
The revised East Sussex SEN Matrix is now available on Czone. Improvements have been made to content, formatting and layout.
We are pleased to announce that the revised East Sussex SEN Matrix and accompanying guidance documents are now available to download from the Inclusion and SEND section of Czone.
The Matrix is an East Sussex framework drawn up by the Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Service in collaboration with staff working in educational settings across the county, Children’s Integrated Therapy Services (CITS) and parents and carers.
It is designed to:
• Provide a shared understanding for schools, the Local Authority, parents/carers, and services such as Health and Social Care, about how to identify the Special Educational Needs of children and young people
• Provide guidance on provision and resources recommended to meet these needs, and to facilitate educational progression
• Support development of knowledge and understanding about SEN
• Contribute to the development of good SEN and inclusive practice (‘build capacity’)
• Provide a framework from which the Local Authority and its moderation partners will make consistent decisions about funding levels for children to facilitate their educational progression
An accompanying costings guidance document and a provision mapping form are also available to download from Czone.
Please look out for a short training and guidance video, PowerPoint presentation and Exemplar Additional Needs Plans to assist in sharing the Matrix.
A digital version of the Matrix, with options to sort and filter content, will also be available shortly.
If you have any questions about the Matrix, please email ISENDProjects@eastsussex.gov.uk.
Phone: 01273 335293