Virtual Schoolbag (VSB)
The East Sussex Teaching School Alliances NQT Provision (TSANP) will provide the appropriate body role formerly offered by the local authority.
TSANP is an ambitious programme intended to provide a consistent and sustainable NQT framework through a partnership of TSAs.
High quality, collaborative, provision will be assured by teaching schools, deploying SLEs and other lead practitioners to ensure all NQTs have the best possible start to their career.
Key stakeholders in the TSANP are:
- St Richard’s Catholic College
- Robsack Wood Primary Academy & Nursery
- St Mark's CE Primary School
- Beacon Community College Academy Trust
- The Sabden Multi Academy Trust
The TSANP offers schools a range of packages, providing schools and NQT(s) with supportive, relevant, school-led provision.
Essential NQT package
- NQT appropriate body monitoring and support
- core professional development
- access to the NQT Manager online system
- four CPD events for every NQT including a welcome conference
- a strong focus on resilience and wellbeing strategies.
Cost per NQT (excluding VAT): £299
Enhanced NQT package
The Enhanced package addresses the additional needs of NQTs and schools where greater professional development is identified.
They include all of the features of the Essential Package as standard and in addition:
- eight half-day/twilight CPD sessions
- at least four centres of CPD delivery across the county; two primaries and two secondaries.
Cost per NQT (excluding VAT): £449
Where a school is using another appropriate body, access to the four core (Essential package) and eight twilight/half day (Enhanced package) CPD events will be charged at £399 (excl. VAT).
The Premium package offers all of the features of the Essential and Enhanced packages plus support with assessment, moderation and induction mentor training. The features can be purchased as a standalone activity or as a complete package at the outset of the NQT year.
Activity Cost as a standalone item
Support interventions (usually SLE-based) up to four days £350 per day
Assessment and moderation support up to three days £350 per day
Induction coach CPD £150
Cost per NQT (excluding VAT) if purchased at the outset of the academic year: £1400.
The Premium package supports, for instance:
- where the Induction mentor is new to the role
- where the NQT may have additional needs
- or a school requires support with its capacity to supervise the NQT.
For further guidance and information, contact: Joanne Calladine-Evans at email@example.com
For information on changes to NQT Induction, see the VSB article published on 14 May 2018, VSB number: 2018/148.
Coordinator: East Sussex Teacher Training Partnership/NQT Induction
Phone: 01273 482088